Orange County Register
The Central Library has microfilm from Jan. 1, 1986 - Dec. 31, 2008
- NewsBank Full-text article database.
- The O.C. Register website has articles dating back to 1999 which you can search for free. Enter words into the "search" box at the top of their site to find stories, blogs, photos, and videos that have appeared on the site this week, and articles back to 1999.
- Virtual Newspaper (2002-present): This link allows you to flip through the pages of the Orange County Register and weekly community newspapers as they appeared in print. You can access papers dating back to November 2002, but only subscribers can view today's edition.
Los Angeles Times
The Central Library has microfilm for Dec 1881-1890, and Jan 1972–Dec 2005.
- Los Angeles Times current full text archive includes locally written articles from 1/1/1985 through the present. Searches are free.
- The archive includes Obituaries and Letters to the Editor.
- The Los Angeles Times historical archives contain digitized article images from 12/4/1881 to 12/31/1984. Most classifieds, birth announcements, wedding announcements, photographs, charts, comics and other materials are included.
New York Times
The complete backfile of The New York Times can now be searched from NYTimes.com, over 13 million articles in all. Articles are free back to 1987. You can purchase the full text of Premium articles in text-only format from NYTimes.com (Photos, charts or graphics are not included. Photos are available for purchase by e-mailing email@example.com).
- 1851-1980 (Page Image Format- PDF)
If you are looking for a New York Times article published from Sept 1851 to Dec 1980, search Article Archive 1851-1980. Articles in the Public Domain (1851-1922) are free.
- Purchasing Premium Articles
You can search and view the first few lines or (if available) an abstract for free. Full text articles can be purchased for $3.95 per article or as part of an article 10-pack for $15.95. A credit card is required for payment.